We use our BigSoftVideo space in GitHub to develop software tools to support Big Video. Most of the coding we do is private until a robust version is released publicly.
The current BigSoftVideo software development team includes Paul McIlvenny, Jacob Davidsen, Alexander Stein and Jonas Noermark. Earlier developers included Artúr Kovacs, Nicklas Haagh Christensen, Stefan Tanderup and Andreas Hejndorf.
We are working on several software projects at the moment, including:
- AVA360VR (Annotate, Visualise, Analyse 360 video in VR) - official public release May 2021
- DOTE (Distributed Open Transcription Environment) - official public release October 2022
- BreachingVR - official public release December 2020
- CAVA360VR (Collaborate, Annotate, Visualise, Analyse 360 video in VR) - Stage 3 demo
- SQUIVE (Staging QUalitative Immersive Virtualisation Engine) - Stage 2 demo
- 360mash (Post-processing and recaming 360 videos) - Stage 1 alpha
We are always interested in ideas and suggestions for tools and features that will support and enhance the Big Video qualitative video analysis workflow. You may have seen a demo of one of the tools, read one of our papers, or you may have strong feelings about the software currently available (eg. TRANSANA, ELAN, CLAN, ANVIL, etc). If you would like to share with us, then please add them as an issue on our Tools & Features repository on GitHub.